Southampton Solent University Internship Scheme
Require new skills and fresh ideas to help your business grow?
Need an extra pair of hands?
Limited budget for recruitment?
If so, our Internship Scheme could be the solution!
The Southampton Solent University (SSU) Internship Scheme has been launched to help grow your business by matching you with a Solent graduate from a range of industry related courses.
Details of the internship scheme are as follows:
- Intended for 2011/2012 Solent graduates
- The internship should be a minimum of 6 months
- These should be paid internships with a minimum of £1350 paid per month
- You may be eligible to receive a grant payment of £1350 as a contribution towards one month's salary
- We will advertise your internship FREE of charge, and facilitate the recruitment process
For further information please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively please call us on 02380 319011.
What is an Internship?
- An internship is a time limited work experience placement, which usually includes an element of training.
- Graduate internships are a flexible way to attract talent to your business for a specific period of time.
- The opportunity will give graduates the chance to enhance their employability and career prospects.
- They are not a substitute for permanent jobs.
- Accessing talented and ambitious individuals who are keen to work for you
- Building your business through new skills and flexible resources
- Enabling flexibility within your workforce by bringing in graduates with specific skills to complete time-limited projects.
GJS recommends graduate internships should be paid and structured around delivering a specific project or piece of work. They give your organisation an opportunity to assess the quality of potential, long-term staff.
Types of Internship
They could be designed with a specific project or piece of work in mind, or offer graduates a varied programme of work experience. Typical projects undertaken by graduates include:
- Marketing and market research
- Developing IT systems
- Design and implementation of databases
- Creating a website
- Research and development
- Writing new software
- Reviewing work processes and efficiency
Offering graduate internships could also be:
- Part of your wider talent attraction strategy
- Part of your Corporate Social Responsibility commitment