Bangladesh Association of International Recruiting Agencies  ( Baira ) is an organization of national level with international its reputation of co-operation and welfare of the migrant workforce as well as icts Approximately 700 member agencies in cooperation with and the support from the Government of Bangladesh .
Manpower export from Bangladesh was pioneered in 1976. Since then, International Recruiting or Placement Agents under BAIRA have successfully recruited 5.5 million (approximate, 2009) Bangladeshis for jobs abroad. This resulted in the highest record of remittance inflow and foreign exchange of US $ 10 billion  (net) for the fiscal year 2008-9, making BAIRA the leading contributor to Bangladesh’s foreign exchange reserve .
History and background
Bangladesh Association of International Recruiting Agencies ( BAIRA ) is one of the largest trade bodies in Bangladesh affiliated with the Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry ( FBCCI ), the apex body on Trade & Industry, established in 1984 with a view to catering http://www.nrcan.gc.ca/index.php?p=blogs/viewstory/english/index.aspx
Currently BAIRA has about 1100+ Government Approved Recruiting Agents as its member.
Major countries accepting Manpower Export from Bangladesh
- United States
- Dubai (Driver Post) From 15 April 2013
Availability of manpower
Unemployed labor force of Bangladesh is estimated to be about 15 million. Beside a huge number of unskilled labor force, skilled, semi-skilled and professional manpower is also available for foreign employment. Some relevant data in this regard are given below:
– Technical Manpower
– Medical Manpower
– Manpower Engineering
– Industrial Manpower
– Computer Personnel
– Manpower Station, Petroleum and Fertilizer Manpower
– Road Transport Workers
– Financial Institutions, Insurance, Audit & Accounts Executive
– Port and Water Transport Workers
– Agricultural, Animal Husbandry, Fisheries , Livestock, Horticulture experts, Technical and Farmers
– School / College / University Teachers
– Administrative & Defense Staff
– Hotel Management & Catering Staff
– Navy Crew
– Skilled HRM Expert Manpower
– Miscellaneous Manpower
These days, traditional unskilled manpower export is Reducing and businesses are Emphasizing more on Creating skilled workers through privately owned technical training centers .
Change and reformation
BAIRA with no proactive leaders has been stagnant in terms of progress, during a year of 1 year. Deputy Commissioner of Dhaka and followed by 2 Deputy Secretary of the Ministry of Commerce.
May 14, 2008, the baira election eu lieu between, Previously Elected three times as baira President Md. Mosharraf Hossain (MP) of BayEastern Ltd. Leading ‘ The Sammilito Shamannaya Front’ and Ghulam Mustafa of Prantik Travels & Tourism Ltd. leading ‘ Sammilita Ganatantrik Front’ , each front contesting with 27 candidates.
Promises for exchange , Bringing an end to the concept of one person Contesting For Many terms and Reviews another 27 points election manifesto  Was Pledged by Mustafa to make baira dynamic and vibrant as it shoulds-have-been. While the opposition promised BAIRA Airlines serving international flights for and outbound workers. The first and last cast of cast members. Result of the election left all stunned; as it was the biggest landslide victory in Bangladesh, compared to the Sammilita Ganatantrik Front  received the majority 70.33% (approx.) of votes. Ghulam Mustafa and his’Sammilita Ganatantrik Front ‘ won 26 seats.
Bangladesh holds a key to future ict development and has to be one of the powerhouses of South Asia , ie Primarily Supporting manpower export sector, and Bangladesh Governments Requiring the role playing for expansion and establishment of new untapped markets. Past archives that Bangladesh was always running forex reserve . July’s 1st week report that forex reserve has exceeded US $ 7 trillion, so acting as a hand at times of natural disasters like Sidr in 2007. Eventually it brought value added to the workforce. Returnee workers from Singapore Shipyards have been recruited by Bangladeshi Local Ship Building Companies, qui a sector is still young yet showing rapid progress to Eventually contribuer to the much need forex .
List of BAIRA Members
- List of BAIRA Members
- Jump up^ “Bangladesh Association of International Recruiting Agencies” . hrexport-baira.org . Retrieved 2009-09-22 .
- Jump up^ “Figure of Bangladeshis working overseas” . The Daily Star . Retrieved 2009-09-22 .
- Jump up^ “Remittance from Manpower Sector in Fiscal Year 2008-9” . The Daily Star . Retrieved 2009-09-22 .
- Jump up^ “Major Countries recruiting workers from Bangladesh” . hrexport-baira.org . Retrieved 2009-09-22 .
- Jump up^ “Manifesto Election pledged by Shammilita Ganatantrik Front” . The Financial Express . Dhaka . Retrieved 2009-09-22 .
- Jump up^ “Reformation of BAIRA EC through election” . The Financial Express . Retrieved 2009-09-22 .
- Jump up^ “Value adding to local shipbuilding industry by Returnees from Overseas” . The Daily Star . Retrieved 2009-09-22 .