Robert Half , most recently, Robert Half International , is an American human resource consulting firm based in Menlo Park, California . [ citation needed ] It is a member of the S & P 500 , [ citation needed ] and is credited as the world’s largest and largest accounting and finance staffing firm, with over 400 locations worldwide. [ citation needed ] In 2009, the company was ranked first in the temporary aid industry on Fortune magazine’s list of World’s Most Admired Companies,  [ third-party source needed] and was ranked 9th by global staffing revenue. 
This section is about performance, leadership, and status, in particular, for years other than 1948 and 1986-2003. You can help by adding to it .(February 2017)
The company’s founding Was in 1948,  in New York City,  [ self-published source ] with icts original name being white variously Reported as being white Robert Half Inc., Robert Half Finance & Accounting,  and Robert Half Personnel Agency.  [ self-published source ] The founding, in any case, is reported to be of separate business entities, the Robert Half (RH) portion as “an employment agency for accountants,” and the Accountemps portion “to supply accountants and other financial professionals … on a temporary basis. ” Founder Robert Half had previously managed the hiring of accounting staff for a sizeable textile manufacturing concern, and saw an opportunity to invest in the market.  [ self-published source ]
In the mid- to late-1980s, Robert Half (RH) has altered its prior focus on the subject of providing services to new and existing workers. “professional staffing divisions”.  [ self-published source ] Having grown to over 150 locations in the United States and launched an aggressive campaign to re-purchase many of the franchises, the firm went public in 1987, then expanded its operations into Europe in 1993.  In addition to their Accountemps brand, the firm expanded to include specialized groups focusing on technology, legal and creative personal services. Inroads into the legal sector began with the 1991 acquisition of “The Affiliates,” a firm in Southern California that held temporary and permanent paralegal, legal administrative, and other legal personal support, “with it being renamed as Robert Half Legal. 
Robert Half went on to establish itself as a key information provider for employment and employment, [ when? ] with its market-specific salary guides being used as a resource by the US Department of Labor in the preparation of their own forecasts. 
In addition to staffing Their hand line of business, HR aussi Provides independent risk consulting, internal audit and information technology consulting services through subsidiary Protiviti ict, qui Was founded in 2002 with the acquisition of train employees of Arthur Andersen .   Since then, the group has grown from 700 to over 2,900 staff,  [ self-published source ] and continues to be led by Andersen alumni. [ quote needed ]
In 2003, the company was finally able to buy back the last of the few remaining independent franchise operations. 
In 2006, RH acquired the assets of PG Lewis & Associates, a leading national provider of data forensics and cyber security services founded in 2003 by serial technology entrepreneur Paul G. Lewis. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Founder Robert Half’s tradition of authoring books on the industry-such as Making It Big in Data Processing [ full citation needed ] and How to Get a Better Job in This Crazy World [ full citation needed ] -was continued by the CEO of this date [ when? ] Harold M. “Max” Messmer, [ citation needed ] in the form of Job Hunting for Dummies . [ full citation needed ] 
- human resource consulting
- Arthur Andersen
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d HR Intl. Staff (2013). “History and Values” . RobertHalf.be . Archived from the original (web page) on June 21, 2013 . Retrieved February 27, 2017 . [ self-published source ] [ third-party source needed ]
- Jump up^ RH Intl. Staff (2014). “About Us” . RobertHalf.com . Archived from the original (web page) on March 29, 2014 . Retrieved February 27, 2017 . [ self-published source ][ third-party source needed ]
- Jump up^ RH Intl. Staff (March 17, 2009). “Robert Half International named to World’s Most Admired” . Archived from the original (press release) on October 22, 2013 . Retrieved February 27, 2017 . [ third-party source needed ][ self-published source ]
- Jump up^ SIA and Workforce.com Staffs (2009). “The Hot List I: World’s Largest Staffing Companies” (PDF) . Staffing Industry Analysts (StaffingIndustry.com). Archived from the original (PDF) on February 16, 2010 – via WorkForce.com.
[Quote:] Note: Results reflect revenue for 2008 or most recent fiscal year for which information is available. / Source: Staffing Industry Analysts (www.staffingindustry.com). Staffing Industry Analysts, a unit of parent Crain Communications Workforce Management, compiled the list and established the ranking based on public filings, information provided from companies and an annual survey.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e f g h i j FU Staff [Wernick, E., et al.] (2005). “Robert Half International Inc. History” . FundingUniverse.com . Retrieved February 27, 2017 . This information is derived from the following source: Wernick, Ellen & Gariepy, Jennifer (2005). “Robert Half International Inc.” In Grant, TIna. International Directory of Company Histories (IDCH) . IDCH, Gale Reference Library (Derdak, Thomas, series ed.). Flight. 70. Detroit, MI: Gale / St. James Press. ISBN 1558625453 . Retrieved February 27, 2017 . [ verification needed ] Note , this compilation reports, to a significant degree, information self-reported by the company, and so constituted information not strictly third-party in nature.
- Jump up^ RH Intl. Staff (2015). “History” . RobertHalf.com . Archived from the original (web page) on September 9, 2015 . Retrieved February 27, 2017 . [ self-published source ][ third-party source needed ]
- Jump up^ Jordon, Steve (June 6, 2002). “New Risk-Firm Consulting Lures Ex-Andersen Employees” . Omaha World-Herald . Omaha, NE. Knight Ridder / Tribune Business News . Retrieved February 27, 2017 . (Subscription required ( help )) .
- Jump up^ Protiviti Staff (July 9, 2016). “History” . Protiviti.com. Archived from the original on July 9, 2016 . Retrieved February 27, 2017 . [ third-party source needed ][ self-published source ]
- AT Staff, “Robert Half Dead Staffing Firm Founder at 82,” Accounting Today , September 24, 2001, p. 56.
- Brandstrader, JR, “It’s an Ill Wind,” Barron’s , March 25, 1996, p. 18.
- Byrnes, Nanette, et al., “The Good CEO,” Businessweek , September 23, 2002.
- Caldwell, Douglas E., “The New Economy Gold Digger,” Silicon Valley / San Jose Business Journal , March 16, 2001, p. 38.
- Desloge, Rick, “Robert Half, Kelly Services Share in Temp Firm Growth,” St. Louis Business Journal , December 1, 1997, p. 24.
- Fleming, Eric C., “Job-Recruiter Blues: Will Paltry Demand Drain Robert Half Shares ?,” Barron’s , November 11, 2002, p. T8.
- Jordon, Steve, “New Risk-Firm Consulting Lures Ex-Andersen Employees,” Omaha World Herald , June 6, 2002.
- Lenz, Edward. “Flexible Employment: Positive Work Strategies for the 21st Century,” Journal of Labor Research , 1996.
- Marsh, Ann, “We’re Your Talent Agent,” Forbes , August 10, 1998, p. 104.
- Morningstar Staff, “Morningstar Names Max Messmer of Robert Half International as 2003 CEO of the Year,” Morningstar , January 6, 2004.
- Murphy, Victoria, “Robert Half International: Everyone Need Apply,” Forbes , January 8, 2001, p. 106.
- NATSS Staff, “Temporary Help Services Continuing Growth;” Several Factors Cited, “Alexandria, Va .: National Association of Temporary Staffing Services , June 17, 1996.
- Robson, Douglas, “Half’s Measures: Robert Half Harnesses Outsourcing Trend to Prove That Even Big Businesses Can Grow Quickly,” San Francisco Business Times , April 18, 1997, p. 5A.
- Siwolop, Sana, “Renting the Workers, But Buying the Stock,” The New York Times , December 15, 1996.
- Svaldi, Aldo, “California-Based Staffing-Firm Services Hires 760 Andersen Accountants,” Denver Post , June 6, 2002.
- HR Intl. & RedOrbit.com Staffs (July 8, 2009). “30 Companies Will Be Represented at the Job Fair [Entry 12]” . RedOrbit.com. Archived from the original on July 8, 2009 . Retrieved February 27, 2017 .
[Quote:] The bios brief below giving information about the 30 companies that will have representatives at the Job Fair on Tuesday. This information was submitted by the companies. [Emphasis added.]Note, this source contains no content other than an advertisement and a contact for Wikipedia. Specifically, it contains no reliable information on this company’s sector, or its being a member of the S & P 500, or its size and rank among accounting and finance staffing firms.