Robert Walters plc is a specialist in professional recruitment consultancy and focuses on professional standing, contract and temporary positions at all levels of seniority. Established in 1985, the business has a global presence spanning five continents.
Established in 1985 by current Chief Executive Officer, Robert Walters, Robert Walters plc today has an international network across 27 countries.
Originally established in London, the Group now recruits across multiple disciplines. In July 1996, Robert Walters was listed on the London Stock Exchange . A year later in 1997, it was up to a wholly owned subsidiary, Resource Solutions, provided recruitment process outsourcing solutions .
Robert Walters acquired Tristar, an Australian Recruitment Business in 1997 and merged with the US Staffing Company, StaffMark Inc., in August 1998. The company demerged two years later, re-listing on the London Stock Exchange in 2000, same year won the Best IPO Award of Shares magazine . 
In February 1999, the Group launched its first global Salary Survey. The salary survey offers an annual insight into the salaries of Robert Walters operates in. [ quote needed ]
Robert Walters acquired Dunhill Management Services in 2001, and launched Walters Interim, its junior professional contract recruitment business into France in 2005, Belgium in 2006 and the Netherlands in 2008. In February 2008, the Group acquired Talent Spotter, a specialist recruitment business headquartered in China with offices in Shanghai and Suzhou.
Robert Walters specializes in permanent and contract recruitment across all industry sectors. Banking, legal, technology, sales & marketing, HR, support and administration, engineering, and supply chain, procurement & logistics fields.
In 1997, Robert Walters Group established Resource Solutions, a recruitment process outsourcing business. Services offered include “discovery audits”, supplier relationship management, direct recruitment, development and execution of client brand, talent attraction strategies [ clarification needed ] , “TalentSource” (a web-based recruitment technology system , and payroll services.
Our contract recruitment and junior permanent hiring business in France, Belgium and The Netherlands.
- Established in 1985 by Robert Walters, Chief Executive
- 1988 : opened an office in Brussels, Belgium
- 1990 : opened an office in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 1994 : opened an office in New York, USA
- 1996 : opened an office in Sydney, Australia
- 1996 : listing on the London Stock Exchange 
- 1997 : opened offices in Melbourne, Australia; Auckland, New Zealand and Hong Kong
- 1997 : established Resource Solutions to handle client’s outsourced human resource departments / functions
- December 1997 : acquired leading Australian Recruitment Company, TriStar
- 1998 : opened offices in Johannesburg, South Africa and Singapore
- August 1998 : merged with US-based Staffmark, Inc . 
- 1999 : opened offices in Dublin, Ireland; Paris, France and Tokyo, Japan
- February 1999 : The Group’s first Salary Survey, now in its 10th annual edition
- July 2000 : re-floated on the London Stock Exchange 
- 2001 : opened offices in Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth in Australia; Manchester; and Luxembourg
- February 2001 : acquisition of Dunhill Management Services
- 2003 : opened an office in Guildford [ citation needed ]
- 2005 : opened offices in Birmingham, UK and Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- 2005 : launched the Walters Interim, France, junior contract professional business into France
- 2006 : launched the Walters Interim, Belgium, junior contract professional business into Belgium
- 2006 : opened offices in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Eindhoven, The Netherlands; Lyon, France; and Wellington, New Zealand
- 2007 : opened offices in Madrid, Spain and Osaka, Japan
- 2008 : opened an office in Strasbourg, France
- February 2008 : acquisition of Talent Spotter , a specialist recruitment business in mainland China with offices in Shanghai and Suzhou 
- 2008 : opened offices in Bangkok, Thailand ;  Kowloon, Hong Kong; Strasbourg, France and Shanghai and Suzhou in China
- July 2008 : Asia Job Index – tracking advertisement Volumes for professional positions in China, Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore
- 2008 : launched the Walters Interim, Netherlands, a junior contract professional business in the Netherlands
- 2009 : opened an office in Zurich, Switzerland
- 2010 : opened an office in Seoul, Korea; Sao Paulo in Brazil and Dusseldorf in Germany
- 2011: opened offices in: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; Nanjing, China; Frankfurt, Germany; Jakarta, Indonesia and Chatswood, Australia
- 2012: opened offices in: San Francisco, USA; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Milton Keynes, UK and Parramatta, Australia
- 2014: opened office in: Toulouse, France
- 2016: Opened businesses in The Philippines, Canada and Portugal
- Jump up^ “Robert Walters PLC RWA Re: Appointment of Non-Executive Chairman” . Bloomberg . Retrieved 28 September 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Leslie Van Walle Biography” . Bloomberg . Retrieved 28 September2012 .
- Jump up^ Shares magazine
- ^ Jump up to:a b London Stock Exchange
- Jump up^ StaffMark, Inc.
- Jump up^ Robert Walters PLC – Acquisition China
- Jump up^ Robert Walters sets up shop in Thailand