Employee moral , in human resources , is defined as the job satisfaction , outlook, and feelings of well-being year employee HAS Within a workplace setting.  Proven to have a direct effect on productivity , it is one of the cornerstones of business .
Long used by the military as a ” mission-critical ” measure of the psychological readiness of troops, high moral has been shown to be a powerful driver of performance in all organizations. Extensive research demonstrates its benefits in productivity , profitability, customer satisfaction and worker health.  By measuring morality with employee surveys, and having a long history of causality , a causal connection between that and morality (which includes job satisfaction , opinions of their management and many other aspects of the workplace culture ) and performance of their organization. 
Importance and effects
Recognized as one of the major factors affecting productivity and overall financial stability of any business, low morale can lead to reduced concentration, which in turn can cause mistakes, poor customer service and missed deadlines. It also can contribute to a high turnover rate and absenteeism . Employee moral proves to be detrimental to the business in these respects. Morale can drive an organization forward or can lead to employee discontent, poor job performance , and absenteeism (Ewton, 2007). With low morality comes a high price tag. The Gallup Organizationestimates that there are 22 million active disengaged employees costing the American economy as much as $ 350 billion per year in lost productivity, absenteeism, illness, and other problems that result when employees are unhappy at work. Failing to address this issue lead to Decreased productivity, Increased rates of absenteeism and associated costs, Increased conflicts in the work environment, Increased customer or consumer complaints, and Increased employee turnover rates and costs associated with the selection and training replacement staff. 
Advantages and disadvantages
The relationship between employee moral and organizational performance is straightforward. Here are a list of advantages and disadvantages:
- When employees are satisfied with their jobs, they are motivated to work harder and contribute to the best of their abilities towards the achievement of organizational goals.
- They feel valued, important and significant members of the organizational and as such, they are willing to maintain a positive action with their colleagues , customers and anyone else they come in contact with.
- They are more attractive, but they are more likely to be more efficient.
- Compared to employees who are motivated, disengaged workers are less efficient, miss more workdays and cost of their productivity.
Keeping employee moral is a good thing to do to instill loyalty and maintain a productive workplace . In a study conducted at UC Davis, psychologists found that they were more optimistic, had less health problems, and felt better about themselves. 
Methods of raising
Employees tend to lack motivation when performing their jobs when moral is low. A lack of motivation can also be circular in nature. Management and employees can help increase morale in the workplace by: 
- Recognize employees
- Be a respectful manager
- Have one-on-one meetings with employees
- Invest in employees
- Get to know employees
Whereas there is more than one method, the method is dependent on the workplace .
Studies show a significant impact of office ambience on employee morale. Factors such as maximizing natural light, choosing brighter colors, effective systems to keep everything organized and encouraging employees to add their personal touch to the moral boost. 
- Employee engagement
- Industrial and organizational psychology
- Workplace Privacy: How Far is Too Far?
- Jump up^ “Employee Morale” . missingin Authors list ( help )
- Jump up^ Business & Money, Time. “Happy Employees means Greater Profits” . Time Magazine.
- Jump up^ Neely, Greg H. “The Relationship Between Employee Morale and Employee Productivity” (PDF) .
- Jump up^ FInk, Nicole. “The High Cost of Low Morale: How to Address Low Morale in the Workplace Through Servant Leadership” .
- Jump up^ “Counting Your Blessings: How to Gratitude Improves Your Health” . CFIDS and Fibromyalgia Self-Help . Retrieved Aug 4, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Lorette, Kristie. “Methods to Increase Morale at the Workplace” . Demand Media.
- Jump up^ Black, Iris. “The Most Ignored Factor That Hugely Impacts Productivity” . Retrieved 7 December 2017 .