An employee relationship management ( ERM )  is an information system that supports the relationship between a company and its employees .
Employee relationship management has focused on enabling employees to collaborate on typical managerial tasks with their employers. By engaging inputs from both sides of the employment relationship, ERM platforms aims to align the interests of both parties, to employ and employ, and inform day-to-day business functions under a streamlined workflow.
Components and functions
The components of an employee relationship management platform are multiple, and, as in customer relationship management , achieve the goal of assisting the employee in the entire life cycle of her / his business in the company.
Employee Relationship Management Platforms
- Job search and recruitment
- Job application and hiring
- Schedule generation
- Shift management (eg inter-employee shift trades and cancellations)
- Employee evaluations
- Workplace and manager evaluations
- Rewards and recognition
- Messaging and communication 
and some other component may differ from the application changes.
The employee relationship management classification differentiates from other human resource information systems and workforce management systems]] by considering the whole employee, taking steps to ensure that the employee’s work-life needs are balanced and accounted for in the computation of work assignments.  For example, current platforms on the market, such as WorkJam, allow workers to find jobs based on their availability, and they are hired. 
- Jump up^ “IT Articles pro e-Business Employee Relationship Management (ERM)” . Kioskea.net . Retrieved 14 May 2015 .
- Jump up^ http://en.kioskea.net/contents/211-employee-relationship-management-erm
- Jump up^ Richards, Leigh. “What Is Employee Relationship Management?” . Houston Chronicle . Retrieved 15 May 2015 .
- Jump up^ Bilodeau, Kelly (15 May 2015). “Lives in Limbo: The Challenge of On-Call Work Shifts” . CMSWire . Retrieved 21 May 2015 .